The UV light in general has been around for many years, being utilized primarily by Hospitals and Science Labs / Clean Rooms. The UVPhotoMAX from Ultravation takes this one step further. It uses two steps to kill and neutralize.
Important: Due to the supply issues facing us in 2021 on Ultravation products, it has caused the UVPhotoMAX to spike in our cost and we have to pass this cost through. As of this point the bulb cost remains the same. The new unit, however, has increased for what we believe to be a temporary time by quite a bit. Until things smooth out we have removed the pricing info on this page. If you're curious of the current pricing just send us an email or call.
The UV-C portion of the cleaner kills:
- Legionella pneumophila
- Mold spores
- Dust mites
- Chicken Pox
- Humidifier Fever
- and much, much more.
The ReFresh module of the cleaner kills odors coming from:
- Carpet/General Adhesives
- Kitchen Cabinets
- Caulks & Sealants
- Cleaning Agents
- Carpet and Flooring
- Humidification Equipment
- Printers & Inks/Toners
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Cooking Odors
- Most Paints
- Hair Spray
- and much, much more.
Those two functions make this an unbeatable product. We have installed hundreds of these around the valley, and we have backed them with a 30-day money back guarantee that we can say proudly that less than 1% utilize. Your home's air will be cleaner, and you will be able to smell the difference. We proudly operate two of these in our office.
View The Literature
- Low Power Operation: The bulb, which is designed to be on 24/7/365 takes only 20-25 watts of power.
- Stainless Steel Construction: Built to be modular. All the electronics is in the head of the UVPhotoMAX.
- Dual-Spectrum Lamp: The bulb is split into two sections, one reacts to kill germs/viruses, the other half kills VOC odors.
- Lamp Monitor: Tracks the performance when the UV lamp needs to be replaced. Maximum lamp life is 2 years.
- Photon Clarifier: You can dial in the odor reduction power so you can find the right amount of 'fresh'.
What to Expect
- Strong Initial Reaction: Upon installation you will notice a stronger fresh scent. This is the system neutralizing odors. Upon a few days or a week of having it installed you will notice this smell subside as it has neutralized most odors in the home, combined with you getting used to the smell. If you return after a few days to your home you will most likely notice that smell again.
- Bulb Replacements Every 2 Years: Expect to replace the bulb every two years. The bulb is around $99.
- First Time Startup Smells: The first time you start up your furnace or ac for the season you can smell a stronger odor for a couple days, but it will level out.
- Candle Burning: Burning candles won't be as strong of a smell around the house as you're used to, as the system will neutralize the odors... good or bad.
- A noticeable improvement in your home's air quality. Backed by our 30 day money back guarantee and the lifetime warranty from Ultravation.
It is recommended that you have a high efficiency blower motor for best results with the UVPhotoMAX. While you can utilize it in a older PSC motor it is more costly to operate, and it doesn't have a slower circulate speed. Your furnace may be able to be upgraded to an Evergreen ECM motor. If you're not sure what type of motor you have, give us a call or email us with your furnace model number. We will check the part list and let you know.
Replacing the Bulb
Important Note: The UVPhotoMAX will trigger for UV Light replacement on a yearly basis. You can, however, replace it every 2 years. You can reset the chirping alarm by pressing the reset button which is set in on the power pack (meaning you cannot push it with your finger). Use a plastic piece to push in and reset it.
We can replace the bulb for you at the time of your tune-up. If you wish to replace the bulb yourself here are the steps.
- Unplug the power from the photomax. On the signature series model it is a standard molex plug like a computer accepts.
- You'll see there are 4 screws total holding the unit to the duct work, two of them will need to be removed, the top left and bottom right screw.
- With those two screws removed you should be able to slide off the power pack. If it doesn't slide off smoothly take your time and wiggle it off.
- Inside you will see the light bulb screwed in with two screws. Undo those two screws and slide the bulb out. Important: Be sure not to pull hard, the end plastic cap sometimes gets caught while sliding the bulb out, if it gets stuck wiggle the bulb to free it and then continue to slide out slowly.
- Replace with new bulb and be sure to line the screw holes up so the power pack will attach. Put in the two screws and do not overtighten.
- Slide on the power pack making sure to line up with the unit. Take your time and do not put too much pressure. You should feel the bulb and the power pack connect and slide in.
- Put the two screws back onto the cabinet and connect the power. If your diagnostic light is still red you can press the reset button on the unit for 10-15 seconds.
As always we offer phone support if you're running into problems. If you're a customer of ours give us a call and we will walk you though it and answer any questions you have.