Careers with the Good Guys
We pride ourselves on one of the best atmospheres to work in. Our business is highly trusted in the valley and has a high customer satisfaction rate. There are thousands that have been with us for over 20 years. We have always believed that respect goes a long way with customers, and the same goes with employees. We know that without our great team we would not be able to exist today.
We have made it a focus of our company to offer competitive wages and a positive environment where everyone is respected and we all work towards the same goal of delivering great service to our customers.
Current Job Openings
Service Technician Full-Time (~$17/hr Starting, increases after training and grows as your skills grow!)
- We're looking for a mechanically inclined individual who wants to learn this industry.
- You would learn side by side with one of our senior technicians until you're ready.
- Rotating on call schedule with other technicians, with enhanced on call pay.
- Working with our great technical support team. You aren't alone.
- Inventory Management of your vehicle, keeping it well-stocked.
- Perform Tune-Up Services and Diagnose issues with Furnaces, Air Conditioners, Boilers, and Indoor Air Quality Products.
- Great working atmosphere and reasonable hours, unlike many other contractors.
Why We're Different
- No high pressure: We do not force any quotas on our employees. We refuse to be a high pressure company, we hate that sales method... it has no place in this modern world.
- No sales quotas: Sales quotas force people to become desparate to sell something the customer does not need. We ask you do your best and bring up relevant products if you think it would help them, but no need to force anything.
- Directly involved owners: Our owners are directly involved in our day-to-day operations, full time. They earn their paychecks and respect just like everyone else. Andy is an estimator, Dan handles office work and advertising.
- Willing to Train: We are certainly willing to train the right minded individual (unless listing specifically states otherwise). Our company has a mix of those who have a background in HVAC, and those who started learning here at our company.
- Long Term: We do our best to take matters serious and build a work environment that is fair. Employees at the Good Guys stay around 3x longer than the national average. Our atmosphere here is relaxed and friendly.
- Work-Life Balance: Our goal is to try to get everyone home as close to on time as possible. For example, in the summer when we have a lot of service calls, we get as many done during regular hours, and keep getting at them the next day. Everyone needs time to wind-down and time for family and friends. A job should not consume your life. That being said, sometimes we may require some additional hours, but we do our best to keep that in small amounts for a limited time.
- Great Place to Work: We are fortunate to have a really great group of people on our team. We help each other out, and work together to make sure everyone has the help and support they need. We're very fortunate!
Full time employees get the following:
- 401K Match Program
- Healthcare compensation
- Smartphone (Apple)
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Clothing and Tool Allowance
- Spiff Program (with transparency!)
Want to Apply?
We ask that you fill out our application. It has the questions we are looking for. If you happen to have a resume, attach that with the application.
Options for delivering your Application & Resume:
- Drop it off at our office (4450 W Greenville Dr Appleton WI)
- Email it to Dan Christensen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We thank you for the interest in our company!