Careers with the Good Guys
We pride ourselves on one of the best atmospheres to work in. Our business is highly trusted in the valley and has a extremely high customer satisfaction rate. There are thousands that have been with us for over 20 years. We have always believed that respect goes a long way with customers, and the same goes with employees. For the past several years we have been working on making our great to work place even better. Employees will tell you we are unlike the others are we are proud of it.
The Good Guys is owned and operated by two of a younger generation (~36). They have made it a focus of our company to offer competitive wages and a positive environment where everyone is respected and we all work towards the same goal of delivering great service to our customers. We would love to have you on our team!
Current Job Openings
Full Time Service Technician
- Perform Tune-Up & Service Calls for our customer.
- Rotating on Call Schedule ($85/call for first hour, overtime pay on calls after 1 hour, $30/day)
- Looking for a seasoned technician with at least 2 years of experience.
- Competitive Pay (based on experience), 401K Match, Health Care Allowance, Christmas Bonus (Profit Sharing), and more!
- Tired of long hours where you are at? We focus on getting people out on time. Rarely are you out after we close.
- Opening is due to a technician changing industry to work with his family.
We'd love to hear from you. Have questions? Talk to Dan! Our business is incredibly supportive and accomodating for our employees.
We are all in this together, and we have each other's back! Don't just take our word for it, ask ANY of our employees.
View / Download our Employment Application
Why We're Different
- No high pressure: Putting the customer in the hot seat is not how we operate. There are certainly companies that are infamous for high pressure tactics, but we have always believed that we can let people know what we have. If someone is interested they can ask. Of course we would love to sell additional products, but it needs to be our customer's terms where they are COMFORTABLE. We advertise and truly mean it, we have a No Pressure Promise to our customers.
- No sales quotas: Sales quotas makes people tell equipment the customer does not want or need. We do not have quotas on technicians, or office staff. We ask you share what we have if it's relevant, but the customer needs to take it from there.
- Directly involved owners: Our owners are directly involved in our day-to-day operations, full time. They earn their paychecks and respect just like everyone else. Andy handles logistics and the install department, Dan handles office work and advertising. They are of the generation that understands and wants to make a job something you can have fun in and still make great money.
- Willing to Train: We are certainly willing to train the right minded individual (unless listing specifically states otherwise). Our company has a mix of those who have a background in HVAC, and those who started learning here at our company. We also do not tie anyone to contracts, we are so confident in our environment and training that you'll want to stay here for the long term on your own free will.
- Long Term: We do our best to take matters serious and build a work environment that is fair. Employees at the Good Guys stay around 3x longer than the national average. Our atmosphere here is relaxed and friendly.
- Small Business atmosphere: There are no walls, you can talk to anyone about any issue. We deal with it in a positive constructive way. We love new ideas or ways to make our company better. You are not a number to us, you are a respected co-worker.
- Work-Life Balance: Our goal is to try to get everyone home as close to on time as possible. For example, in the summer when we have a lot of service calls, we get as many done during regular hours, and keep getting at them the next day. Everyone needs time to wind-down and time for family and friends. A job should not consume your life. That being said, sometimes we may request some additional hours, but we do our best to keep that in small amounts for a limited time, after all, the customer is the one that pays us. Their demand drives our work.
- High Tech: We are so serious about software that we built it ourselves, literally. Our software suite "Good Guys ServiceDesk" is a suite of very helpful tools that rivals some of the large players. We decided to start building this back in 2013 with our free time and took input for everyone to make something that is helpful to all, and allows us to go into jobs with the proper information. To our knowledge we are the only independent HVAC contractor to have their own software of this size. Built entirely by Dan Christensen, one of our owners.
- Great Customers: We have a long history of being incredibly helpful and honest to our customers. They know to expect a really nice person there to help out and not be a pushy salesman. Look at our homepage with the overall review ratings. We do not edit or delete reviews, we really have that good of a reputation with our customers!
What new employees say...
- Really like our laid back environment. We can get work done without being stressed out.
- Enjoy getting out on time in most cases, not out working until 7-8PM every day like prior employers.
- Like that the owners are of the younger generation, who understand that work-life balance is very important.
- Our policies are fair and honest. Spiff programs are fully transparent and are paid out.
- Enjoys not being micro-managed on and off the job.
- If a mistake happens it's treated as a learning experience, without the drama.
- Likes operating a vehicle without a camera in their faces, watching their actions.
Full time employees get the following:
- 401K Match Program (we doubled the match in 2022)
- Healthcare compensation (QSE-HRA)
(QSE-HRA lets you pick the coverage and carrier you want, and you can still qualify for potential savings through the Affordable Care Act. It was harder for us to set up but it allows a greater freedom of choice which we believe is important given we have varying age ranges here.)
- $700/mo if qualifying family (where spouse is not offered insurance at employer, or not employed)
- $400/mo if individual
- $150/mo if none of the top two apply.
- Money can be used for Insurance, Health Savings Account, Dental, Vision, etc.
- Smartphone (Apple) with unlimited plan. We allow personal use.
- You can port the number if you decide to leave, and we do not monitor the phone usage (trust is important).
- Paid Holidays and Vacation (everyone gets two weeks starting).
- Tool Allowance (renews annually)
- No Charges for company clothing.
- Spiff Program (with full transparency!)
- Profit Sharing Christmas Bonus -- We want to help make everyone's holiday season easier and less debty.
Want to Apply?
Download our application here. Drop it off to our showroom, or email it into [email protected].
View / Download our Employment Application
Our employment application can be filled out on a computer and printed out! (Fillable PDF Form)
We thank you for the interest in our company! Please let us know if you have any questions. We are happy to answer any questions you have... call, email, or stop in!