We are coming off of a long holiday weekend. We are currently getting to backlog of service calls. Our team is doing their best to get to everyone in a timely manner. Please take care of your heating systems, Tune-up Annually!
Careers with the Good Guys
We pride ourselves on one of the best atmospheres to work in. Our business is highly trusted in the valley and has a high customer satisfaction rate. There are thousands that have been with us for over 20 years. We have always believed that respect goes a long way with customers, and the same goes with employees. We know that without our great team we would not be able to exist today.
We have made it a focus of our company to offer competitive wages and a positive environment where everyone is respected and we all work towards the same goal of delivering great service to our customers.
Current Job Openings
Lead Install Technician (Experienced)
(Around $23-$28/hr + benefits estimated. Our pay is competitive, and based on experience.)
- We're looking for an installer with at least 4 years of experience.
- Needs to have knowledge of sheet metal fabrication as well as boiler systems (and piping).
- Needs to have knowledge on Furnaces and Air Conditioning systems (central and mini-split)
- Work as a team to install new equipment or upgrade existing equipment.
Service Technician (With Experience)
(Around $24-28/hr + benefits estimated, our pay is competitive and based on experience)
- Looking for an experienced technician to join our team.
- Perform Tune-Ups, Service Calls, Second Opinions.
- Have a good knowledge of Furnaces and Air Conditioning systems (central and mini-split)
- Work in a team environment to help each other out in troubleshooting unique systems.
- EPA certification is highly encouraged but we can help you get it.
Why We're Different
- No high pressure: We do not force any quotas on our employees. We refuse to be a high pressure company, we hate that sales method... it has no place in this modern world.
- No sales quotas: Sales quotas force people to become desparate to sell something the customer does not need. We ask you do your best and bring up relevant products if you think it would help them, but no need to force anything.
- Directly involved owners: Our owners are directly involved in our day-to-day operations, full time. They earn their paychecks and respect just like everyone else. Andy is an estimator, Dan handles office work and advertising.
- Willing to Train: We are certainly willing to train the right minded individual (unless listing specifically states otherwise). Our company has a mix of those who have a background in HVAC, and those who started learning here at our company.
- Long Term: We do our best to take matters serious and build a work environment that is fair. Employees at the Good Guys stay around 3x longer than the national average. Our atmosphere here is relaxed and friendly.
- Small Business atmosphere: There are no walls, you can talk to anyone about any issue. We deal with it in a positive constructive way. We love new ideas or ways to make our company better. You are not a number to us, you are a respected co-worker.
- Work-Life Balance: Our goal is to try to get everyone home as close to on time as possible. For example, in the summer when we have a lot of service calls, we get as many done during regular hours, and keep getting at them the next day. Everyone needs time to wind-down and time for family and friends. A job should not consume your life. That being said, sometimes we may require some additional hours, but we do our best to keep that in small amounts for a limited time.
- Great Place to Work: We are fortunate to have a really great group of people on our team. We help each other out, and work together to make sure everyone has the help and support they need. We're very fortunate!
- High Tech: We are so serious about software that we built it ourselves, literally. It's built to be dead simple to use and really convenient offering you the information you need to know, when you need it. Techs love it!
- Great Customers: We have a long history of being incredibly helpful and HONEST to our customers. Our customers are fanstastic and know what to expect.
What new employees say...
- Very happy they chose us.
- Really like our laid back environment. We can get work done without being stressed out.
- Enjoy getting out on time in most cases, not out working until 7-8PM every day like prior employers.
- Like that the owners are of the younger generation, who understand that work-life balance is very important.
- Our policies are fair and honest. Spiff programs are fully transparent and are actually paid out.
- Enjoys not being micro-managed on and off the job.
- If a mistake happens it's treated as a learning experience, and nobody is "yelled" at.
(statements above are based on actual comments heard from new hires in casual conversation since 2020).
Full time employees get the following:
- 401K Match Program
- Healthcare compensation
- $700/mo if qualifying family
- $400/mo if individual
- $150/mo if you have spousal coverage or alternative coverage (like V.A.)
- Smartphone (Apple)
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Clothing and Tool Allowance
- Spiff Program (with transparency!)
Want to Apply?
We ask that you fill out our application. It has the questions we are looking for. If you happen to have a resume, attach that with the application.
Options for delivering your Application & Resume:
- Drop it off at our office (4450 W Greenville Dr Appleton WI)
- Email it to Dan Christensen (email@example.com)
We thank you for the interest in our company!