Welcome to our Help Center. Here you can find troubleshooting guides on products we sell, answers to frequently asked questions about our services as well as guides if you are looking to upgrade or add Furnaces or Air Conditioners into your home. We hope you find these guides helpful and help you in making a more informed decision and save some money.
As always, don't forget we are happy to give our honest advice when you call or email us. If you cannot find what you're running into mentioned in our Help Center please reach out to us!
Life is better with Informed Decisions
Generally, when you're looking to replace equipment it is because it failed. You want to act quick, and there is a lot to take in. Unfortunately there are a few bad eggs that may try to take advantage of you in this situation. You can help protect yourself by remembering these key points when comparing quotes from companies.
- Be wary of any sales that are "while I'm here" pricing for new equipment. That can be a form of high pressure sales... Think things over, don't let them call the shots. It's your home and your decision.
- Be sure warranty is registered with the manufacturer, and not done "directly through your contractor". If that company fails you are left without any warranty. We have seen this happen with more than one company in the past decade.
- Be open to new information but also be skeptical. Do not blindly accept claims without reading up on it. Marketing people will do anything to make something look good... It's their job.
- Go with the extended warranty if offered directly by the factory. It's affordable and usually pays for itself with a single claim. Third party warranty companies can be a real pain to work with and their main goal is to turn a profit on the plans. They do this buy adding hoops for contractors to jump through and exceptions that only hurt you the customer.
- Are they taking out permits? Permits can be frustrating BUT the reason they are there is to have an expert inspector come by to make sure it was done in a safe way for you and your family.